The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualifications for this role you will have a high school diploma. In addition, in order to be a good fit for the Support Technician opportunity, you will have:
- Talent for learning and using technology
- 1-4 years of experience working in a technical support role is preferred. We will also consider candidates with a customer service background and comfort working with computer hardware, typically found in a home office, and productivity software
- Computer literacy and the ability to effectively communicate with technology team members and non-technical users
- Knowledge of Office 365 and Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; advanced Excel skills are a plus
- Training and/or certification(s) in Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X preferred
- Training and/or certification(s) in Microsoft Office Suite applications or similar productivity suites preferred
- Previous experience working from home is a plus
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; responsiveness and accuracy
- Passion for helping others succeed
- Patience and a calm demeanor, particularly when speaking with a user under stress
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where priorities can change rapidly. You should be comfortable with interruptions and moving back and forth between tasks
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt
- Excellent verbal and written communication and active listening skills
While you can be located anywhere in the U.S., our preference is that you will work 8 AM to 5 PM either Central or Mountain time. There is, however, some flexibility. Although you will finish a call in progress, even if it takes you past 5:00, there will be little overtime required or available.
Opportunity SnapshotReporting to the Director of Technology, as Support Technician, you will serve as the first line of defense for E2E Recruitment staff members who are facing technology related challenges. Your primary mission will be to patiently provide 1st tier technical support by identifying and solving issues and thereby helping team members to stay up and running and productive. When there's downtime, you'll have the opportunity to work on special projects and secondary responsibilities, such as technology and training documentation, data maintenance and testing.
Role DetailsYou will join a team including your supervisor, a Project Manager, a Software Engineer, and a Consultant/Developer. Daily, we begin with a morning meeting to stay connected and ensure we are all on the same page.
Throughout the day, you will leverage our ticketing system to field requests, and prioritize your workflow based on the order and the urgency of each request. Many issues are what you might expect -- "My Outlook isn't working" or "I can't connect to the Internet." Those types of issues can typically be handled in relatively short order via phone, email or through our Teams instant messaging system. Some will be more operational, such as needing help with a function in Recruiting Machine (RM), our combination ATS/CRM software. Still, others will be more complex and may need to be escalated to an Engineer who will research your questions or fix bugs that you've verified. In those cases, you will provide as much information as possible to help the user and engineer.
While your primary responsibility will always be providing timely and accurate 1st tier technical support, as time allows, you will also work on other tasks. Specifically, you will:
- Work with internal staff, assisting with work-related technology issues and providing ongoing training for work-specific software and hardware
- Support E2E clients in the use of RM
- Support the RM candidate application experience
- Provide technical support and quick answers to self-service clients who use RM as their ATS
- Build strong and effective working relationships with internal and external clients with every interaction
- Escalate tasks to 2nd tier (engineering) as appropriate
- Create and maintain documentation to serve as a knowledge base for the Tech team, staff and clients, including quick answers to common/repeat questions
- Perform data maintenance
- Run record merges
- Import contacts and companies
- Do client setup, logos, and public portal customizations
- Run testing for engineering projects and provide feedback/bug reports
- Assist in onboarding new hires
- Prepare and send company laptops
- Order headsets and computer accessories as appropriate
- Assist with initial setup
- Provide initial training for work-related software and hardware
More Good ReasonsTechnology
You will be exposed to and learn a multitude of technologies, which will continue to change and evolve over time. You will learn or enhance your knowledge of VoIP, operating systems, productivity suites, RM, etc.; you'll learn to inspect browsers and source code; you may learn SQL and reporting...if you enjoy learning and teaching, you'll like this role. Depending on your skill and drive, you could even earn certifications that will help you in your job.
Naturally, you'll deeply learn all the technology you will support -- depending on your drive and the requirements of your role, we may even help you earn relevant certification(s) -- but you'll also learn the recruiting business. You'll enjoy exposure to clients from a wide range of industry sectors, from financial services to energy to manufacturing, healthcare, IT and more. Not only will you build your career in IT, you will develop a valuable base of business knowledge.
Autonomy and support
Your supervisor believes in empowering the team and giving everyone the elbowroom they need to work at the top of their skill-set. Once you demonstrate your ability to effectively meet the demands of your role, you'll enjoy a good deal of autonomy. In fact, every member of the team is proactive and independent. Of course, you'll also have strong support when you need it. None of us works in a silo.
Work / Life balance
While this is an important role in our company, it is also a role that leaves plenty of room for you to enjoy all the other aspects of your life. Working from your home office means no commute or wardrobe time and expense, and you will generally stick to a 40 hour work week. You'll also enjoy flexibility. If you have a doctor's appointment, home repair or other scheduled event, for example, you can adjust your hours, perhaps working an EST or PST schedule or splitting your shift as necessary.
Trifecta of organizational culture
Throughout Engage2Excel we drive employee engagement and company success through three simple but powerful steps:
- Living what we do.
- Our work/life balance is founded in ownership, trust and respect.
- We enjoy a fun, family-like atmosphere, even though we're miles apart.
- Rewarding those who earn it.
- Ours is a team environment with each playing an important role in delivering top-level service.
- We challenge ourselves and encourage each other to grow professionally.
- Seeking new ways to solve problems.
- We are proud to do things differently because one size doesn't fit all.
- We are passionate about process, feeling empowered to create it, fix it and make it happen.
E2E Recruitment Solutions has been delivering RPO since before it was an acronym, and we're recognized as a thought leader by organizations such as SHRM, PIHRA, and the NHRA. Backed by robust technology, we support a nationwide list of clients in just about every industry vertical, including smaller startups as well as major names like Makita USA, eviCore Healthcare, Republic Services, 99 Cents Only Stores and Canon USA. We're confident enough in the effectiveness of our approach that we offer a 12-month candidate warranty, unrivaled in the industry.
Keys2ExcelTo thrive in this role, you'll need stamina and an unwavering commitment to service to support the team each day. You must be able to maintain a pleasant and professional persona through every interaction, and at times, have a thick skin. Users will often be anxious to talk to you to overcome their issue and get back to work, but they may bring a level of anxiety to the interaction that you will help calm as you investigate and solve their challenge.
Because our company works in a "virtual" environment -- everyone works from a home office -- success requires some special traits. For one thing, you need to have a high degree of self-discipline and a healthy respect for deadlines. You also will need to be proactive about building relationships and establishing your credibility with E2E team members via phone, email and Teams, ensuring you convey a professional but friendly persona. In addition, in order to be an outstanding Support Technician, you will:
- Be available throughout the day for quick questions and technology training issues
- Respond to all requests in a timely manner
- Deliver outstanding service -- a "warm washcloth" experience, as we like to call it -- during every contact; be patient
- Effectively provide solutions to 1st tier issues or escalate as appropriate to get team members running again as efficiently as possible
- Balance changing priorities
- Demonstrate effective investigation skills to solve challenges. Many issues are one-offs without documented solutions. Curiosity will be key
- Dedicate yourself to knowledge gain
- Work independently but also serve as a strong team member
- Be flexible in interacting with diverse personalities and work styles
About UsA science-driven approach to helping improve engagement throughout the talent lifecycle
At Engage2Excel, we help HR organizations create unique candidate and employee experiences from pre-hire to retirement. Research shows that engaging workplace experiences are essential for motivating employees to care more, work smarter and stay longer. We understand what employees really want because we look at the entire employee lifecycle through a scientific lens.
Our Trendicators research division conducts original surveys, validates best practices from our client base of 2,700+ organizations and relies on three decades of groundbreaking research by our chief scientific officer, Jack Wiley, Ph.D. Our industry-leading solutions for recruitment, employee recognition and engagement surveys are tailored to each client's unique business objectives and are designed to help clients increase competitive advantage and improve bottom-line results.
The industry's only ROI-based employee recognition program.
Engage2Excel helps companies measure, manage and improve performance with the industry's only ROI-based Employee Recognition solution. We create ROI-based Employee Recognition programs by combining Engagement Survey data with Performance Analytics. This enables clients to target, budget and prioritize recognition programs to drive bottom-line results. We also provide High-Performance Talent Acquisition Solutions that enable clients to infuse highly engaged employees into their corporate culture.
Our innovative workforce solutions help HR leaders drive bottom-line benefits:
- Recruitment Solutions: Attract, engage and hire employees who care more, work smarter and stay longer.
- Employee Recognition: Design, scale and improve employee recognition programs to accelerate your success.
- Engagement Surveys: Analyze, benchmark and improve engagement to increase your competitive advantage.