Your QualificationsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Business Development Executive opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent; an associate’s or bachelor’s degree is a plus
- This role could be a strong fit for:
- Candidates with 2-5 years of experience and demonstrated success in a B2B inside sales or sales support role, OR
- Entry-level, recent graduates with the motivation to call prospects throughout the day and a passion for supporting others, OR
- Those who enjoy and are skilled at working on the phone and are ready to take their career to the next level
- Articulate and polished phone skills
- Proven prospecting, customer service and sales skills preferred
- Solid computer skills including:
- Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of and experience using social media (LinkedIn, LinkedIn Navigator, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Experience using CRM software preferred, ideally Salesforce
- Skill with web presentation skills or willingness to learn and use video technology in the business development process
- Experience with database records administration, maintenance and quality control preferred
- A track record of over-achieving quota is preferred
In addition, success will require the following core competencies and characteristics:
- High sales courage and willingness to take calculated risks
- Strong drive and self-motivation
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Self-motivation with a desire to help others -- a strong teamwork mentality
- Strong interest in the recruiting industry is highly preferred
The RoleRole Overview
Reporting to Director of Sales Operations, with a dotted line to the Senior Vice President of Sales, as Inside Sales / Business Development Representative you will be on the front line, researching, analyzing and contacting client prospects, and working to build relationships in order to create new business opportunities to be passed to the field sales team. You will focus both on on-demand opportunities (those clients who leverage our services on an as-needed basis) and Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) prospects -- those who use our services as an extension of their internal Human Resources team. Your mission will be to generate meetings with qualified and interested prospective clients that ultimately result in new business.
Working to meet weekly and monthly quotas, you will research prospects by leveraging a variety of tools from databases to social media to company websites and more in order to target, measure and qualify new sales opportunities. You will identify and contact decision makers, ask insightful questions, identify pain points and analyze the value level to the outside sales team.
We'll provide you with some leads, but you'll also generate your own and in some cases, do straight cold calling. In general, you'll interact with human resources decision-makers, in addition to our internal Sales and Operations teams.
As part of your specific duties, you will:
- Independently conduct extensive prospect research through various social and professional channels for the purpose of expanding knowledge of the company and key contacts in various decision-making roles.
- Measure and qualify opportunities to determine if they are of relative value for pursuit by Outside Sales/Solutions.
- Build a specialized database of prospects by job function and geography for the purpose of marketing campaigns and events.
- Pre-qualify bidding opportunities, including registering with the business and ensuring all requirements are met.
- Join groups / networks as needed to help you generate leads and meet your sales goals.
- Assess competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitor information and trends and identifying sales opportunities.
- Continuously update job knowledge by studying new product descriptions and participating in educational opportunities.
- Telephone prospects to identify appropriate contacts; qualify and drive leads through the sales pipeline.
- Team with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals.
- Administer, maintain and provide quality control of prospect records in CRM database.
- Maintain multiple sales’ calendars across various territories, coordinating and routing conference calls and in-person meetings as scheduled for the appropriate Outside Sales/Solutions professional.
- Preserve and improve quality results by following standards; recommending improved policies and procedures.
- Accomplish departmental and organizational goals by accepting responsibility for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Pictured: Engage2Excel's RESPECT engagement survey platform was developed by Jack Wiley, Ph.D. Based on 30 years of research and surveys of millions of employees for leading global brands, the RESPECT survey system helps customers understand survey results and put in place action plans to drive future success. Dr. Wiley is an award-winning organizational psychologist recognized internationally for groundbreaking research that links employee survey results to measures of business performance.
More Good ReasonsGreat time to join
You'll join as our re-engineered go-to-market strategies drive strong growth. Companies of all sizes face unrelenting competition for top talent, ongoing changes in the workplace and increasing demand for new skill sets. Engage2Excel is uniquely positioned to provide our clients with an important competitive edge: the ability to attract, engage and retain great people.
Solutions both unique and proven
No other single firm leverages research-based insights to provide end-to-end employment solutions. Moreover, our solutions are proven to deliver a strong return on investment, including attracting top talent, promoting retention, increasing productivity, and more. You'll be able to leverage success stories from clients in a wide variety of industries, such as Coca-Cola, Delta Airlines, Fluor, Honeywell, St. Jude Research Hospital, Transamerica, and many others.
Trifecta of organizational culture
Throughout Engage2Excel, we drive employee engagement and company success through three simple but powerful steps:
- Living what we do.
- Rewarding those who earn it.
- Seeking new ways to solve problems.
Imagine a job that lets you help others identify solutions to find employees and keep them. E2E is as much a calling as it is a company, because we ignite the inner accomplishment that drives pride, inspires others and makes work fun.
In addition to a competitive base and sales incentives, we offer comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off; and more.
Keys2ExcelTo excel in the role of Inside Sales/Business Development Representative, you must:
- Bring a high-degree of courage to the table. You'll continue to call, follow-up and follow-through each day, pressing past the nos. Strategy, motivation and a strong work ethic will put you on the path of success.
- Be an activator -- someone who is self-starting, self-motivated and always ready to jump in.
- Have an articulate and confident phone presence.
About UsA science-driven approach to helping improve engagement throughout the talent lifecycle
At Engage2Excel, we help HR organizations create unique candidate and employee experiences from pre-hire to retirement. Research shows that engaging workplace experiences are essential for motivating employees to care more, work smarter and stay longer. We understand what employees really want because we look at the entire employee lifecycle through a scientific lens.
Our Trendicators research division conducts original surveys, validates best practices from our client base of 2,700+ organizations and relies on three decades of groundbreaking research by our chief scientific officer, Jack Wiley, Ph.D. Our industry-leading solutions for recruitment, employee recognition and engagement surveys are tailored to each client's unique business objectives and are designed to help clients increase competitive advantage and improve bottom-line results.
The industry's only ROI-based employee recognition program.
Engage2Excel helps companies measure, manage and improve performance with the industry's only ROI-based Employee Recognition solution. We create ROI-based Employee Recognition programs by combining Engagement Survey data with Performance Analytics. This enables clients to target, budget and prioritize recognition programs to drive bottom-line results. We also provide High-Performance Talent Acquisition Solutions that enable clients to infuse highly engaged employees into their corporate culture.
Our innovative workforce solutions help HR leaders drive bottom-line benefits:
- Recruitment Solutions: Attract, engage and hire employees who care more, work smarter and stay longer.
- Employee Recognition: Design, scale and improve employee recognition programs to accelerate your success.
- Engagement Surveys: Analyze, benchmark and improve engagement to increase your competitive advantage.