Our RequirementsProfessional experience that shows evidence of:
- Bachelor's degree
- Recruitment expertise in Accounting/Finance
- Building relationships with clients
- Ability to win over difficult clients and come up with solutions for projects that are stuck or not viable
- Instinct to ask the difficult questions
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Unquestionable work ethic
- Fast keyboarding skills (you'll need to document conversations online as they occur)
Preferred, but not required:
- Internet sourcing and research training ie: AIRS certification or Arbita trained
About Decision ToolboxAt Decision Toolbox, almost everything about our approach to recruitment is unique, from our tools to our low cost pricing model to our relationships with our clients. Some companies enlist our help for the occasional overflow or difficult-to-fill opening. Others use us as their extended recruiting department on an ongoing basis. In any case, we are not about simply filling positions; rather, we become our client's recruitment partner, and work proactively to drive down costs, identify and solve business problems, and increase retention. Each project concludes with a Hiring Manager satisfaction survey, in which our performance is rated on 11 fronts. This gives us a basis on which to continually improve our service. Since 2000, our cumulative satisfaction score is 94.2%, and repeat business represents over 95% of our revenue.
Our process is known as "Recruitment Engineering", and we are not only the industry pioneers in this space, but we are also recognized as the industry experts.
We've been fine-tuning Recruitment Engineering since our founding in 1992; however, the common thread that remains is our commitment to "doing the right thing" for our clients. We have established and maintained a reputation for fair and honest business practices within our industry. Because of our unique model, our recruiters (particularly those from contingency and/or agency backgrounds) are often surprised by the level of partnership they share with their hiring managers, and the empowerment they have to act as an expert recruitment "consultant" on every project.
For all of these reasons, DT is a truly different and great place for recruiters. Additionally, you will enjoy:
- Support: you'll never have to write job descriptions or ads because our creative department creates the patented Jobinfo Writeups (one of which you are reading now) for every opening and implements the broadcast strategy in web media. To organize your resumes, projects, and even your day, you'll have access to the user-friendly Recruiting Machine, our in-house developed web-based recruiting system. Plus, you will have access to the major job board databases, Jigsaw and other networks to make sourcing candidates easier.
- Independence & Flexibility: we are a 100% virtual company where everyone works from a home office, and we were awarded the Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibilty in 2009 and again in 2011. We try to pull the entire team together for an in-person All Staff meeting on a quarterly basis.
- Diversity: though we're looking for a focus in healthcare recruiting, we do not specialize, so you'll have the opportunity to recruit on projects ranging from Programmers and Customer Service Associates, to Executive VPs and CFOs...and everything in between!
A Day in the LifeEven if you have significant recruiting experience, you will have plenty to learn as a new Recruiter at DT. You'll work closely with one or more of our assigned mentors on your first few projects, and once you master our method, we are confident you'll find recruiting to be easier -- and hopefully more fun -- than in any previous position.
Along with independence and flexibility comes responsibility. If you struggle to manage your time effectively, like lots of training, and prefer to focus on one task at a time, this is probably not the role for you. DT team members are tenacious, resourceful, highly motivated independent thinkers who regularly go "above and beyond" the call of duty. They are also exceptional time managers and multi-taskers, able to juggle 10-20 projects, in varying stages of completion, to favorable results on a daily basis. If you are the right kind of individual for this role, you can readily relate to these skills.
For each opening you manage, you will:
- Participate in the "specs" call: we start every project with a 45 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. You'll listen in as the writer gathers all of the relevant information regarding the opening, and then ask your own recruitment-specific questions. This call helps us all get started on the right foot.
- Review the Resume Supplement and Phone-screen Worksheet: the writer creates the marketing tools (Jobinfo Writeup and web advertising campaign) and the two screening tools, the Resume Supplement and Phone-screen Worksheet. The Resume Supplement is a brief job-specific experience questionnaire that is completed by candidate prospects when they respond to our postings online; prospects are automatically ranked by qualification, enabling you to go to the most qualified ones first. The Phone-screen Worksheet provides the questions and format you will use to phone-screen and present candidates to the Hiring Manager.
- Screen candidates: you will manage the "bucket" of resumes for each project, and use our proprietary search tools to zero in on the top talent quickly. Then, you'll conduct a thorough phone prescreen of the top candidates.
- Source candidates: some of our projects require proactive sourcing, and you will utilize resume databases, email campaigns, networking, cold calling and other sourcing techniques to add candidates to the mix.
- Present candidates: you'll present only the best candidates to your hiring manager. One of our key metrics is our resumes presented to interviews. Dubbed our recruitment "funnel," we like to keep this ratio at 4:1.
- Schedule interviews: for each candidate interviewed, you will handle the interview logistics and ensure both the candidate and the hiring manager are fully briefed.
- Negotiate offers: once the decision is made to extend an offer, you'll coordinate the logistics, and act as a "mediator" for any negotiation (i.e. salary, relocation packages, etc.) that needs to occur.
- Give regular progress reports: every Wednesday, you will check in with the Director of Recruitment Quality to give an update on each of your projects. This is also the time to brainstorm with the team on obstacles you are encountering and potential solutions.
We make every effort to wrap up each opening within 30 days. With multiple projects on your plate, that presents a significant time management challenge. While we wish every project would flow smoothly from specs call to hire, this naturally is not always the case. Priorities, hiring manager needs, candidate timelines, and even the employment market dynamics can shift on a daily basis. The key is recognizing and taking action quickly when obstacles arise, as opposed to letting a project flounder. Although many factors are outside of our control, our job is to make, not watch, hires happen. Bottom line, we are our clients' recruitment partners, and the more the client feels you are taking care of his/her needs, the more repeat business you will see. . .
CompensationAs a DT Recruitment Partner, you will enjoy an entrepreneurial compensation model that includes a fixed amount for each project you work, plus bonuses for completing projects and generating repeat business. Although we cannot guarantee a minimum number of projects you will work, we've structured the compensation for this position so that a strong performer can earn well in excess of $100,000 per year.
As in any healthy entrepreneurial environment, you reap what you sow. You will have "right of first refusal" to work any new openings that you book. All other projects that are not directly booked by a Recruiter are assigned based on "seeding" as determined by several factors including each Recruiter's percentage of openings filled, speed to close projects, quality ratios, repeat business and satisfaction survey scores from Hiring Managers, and desired workload.
If you want to juggle a heavier workload, you can earn significantly more. If you want to take 4 weeks off for a vacation, or only work a part-time schedule, you can; you simply earn less for that period.
Q and AQ & A with a DT Recruiter:
Q: What do you like most about the "DT method" of recruitment?
A: "I enjoy being a partner and consultant to my clients. It is nice to be in the role of 'recruitment expert' instead of 'pesky vendor'. I also like being able to focus on the needs of my clients. In the contingency world, I had to devote a large percentage of my time to sales [sourcing new searches] and talking to candidates in order to populate our database. At DT, I don't have these responsibilities and it leaves me with more time to work with my clients and the applicants who match their needs."
A: "The DT process makes recruitment so much easier and more manageable. The systems are easy to use, and are internally developed to help us work faster and smarter. Recruiting Machine is a great tool, and it helps me to prioritize my work for the day, and takes a lot of the 'grunt' out of sorting and screening resumes. All in all, we have some great tools here, and it helps me focus on what I do best: fill positions!"
Q: For whom do you think this role is a good opportunity?
A: "This position is a great opportunity for a seasoned recruiter who has an entrepreneurial makeup, but who still wants a solid support infrastructure. You can manage your own workload and schedule, and thus determine your own income, while still having access to some of the best people, processes, tools and technology in recruitment today."
A: "It's a great opportunity for those of us who truly believe that work-life balance can exist. I am a new mother juggling the joys of parenthood with the responsibilities of a full time job, and things couldn't be better. Unlike so many of my peers, having a family did not mean compromising my career. At DT, I get to spend real quality time with my daughter, while still having a rewarding career where I can see my impact and control my earnings. It is a powerful model that I thank my lucky stars for everyday."
If this sounds like the right mix of challenge and opportunity for you, and you meet the required qualifications, we look forward to hearing from you!