Impact ProfileTo meet the basic qualifications for this role you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To be a good fit you also should have:
- At least five years of experience in sourcing talent using the Internet, including advanced search strings, power searching, and deep research.
- Experience with targeted networking, including a demonstrated ability to leverage blogs and chat rooms to find the right information quickly.
- Strong Internet savvy, including knowledge of where to look and how to leverage the nuances of different job boards and search engines.
- A proven ability to develop and execute a sourcing strategy to find resumes and generate names, including experience with:
- Advanced Boolean Internet searching, such as X-Ray, Filetype, Flip, Peelback, PeerSearching, and Powersearching.
- Mining and engaging in professional and social networks (such as LinkedIn, Xing, Facebook, Twitter, etc.), viral networks, and new groups such as blogs, newsgroups, listservs, web logs, etc.
- Combing informational online databases, such as Ryze, Jigsaw, Spoke, iSearch, Navmz, etc.
- Utilizing automated searching tools for name generation.
- Subscribing to and mining specialty/niche resume databases as appropriate.
- Subscribing to and monitoring sources of employment intelligence, such as Indeed, SimplyHired, Twitter Jobcast, etc.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all organizational levels in the business community.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing, tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, including the ability to set up email templates that get responses.
- Proficiency in Google Drive.
- The ability to maintain robust attention to detail even while working quickly and efficiently.
- Oral and written fluency in English, and outstanding communication skills.
- Prior experience working from a home office.
- Advanced Internet Recruitment Strategies (AIRS) certification.
- A modem and/or router that can be configured to allow communication through certain ports that RingCentral (our VoIP provider) uses.
- A computer that is capable of running RingCentral's softphone and supporting our standard USB headset.
Role InsightsIf you're a good fit for this position, you already know most of what this job entails. However, to be sure we're providing a complete picture, here are some details.
You will report to our Sourcing Manager and take your assignments the way most people at Decision Toolbox (DT) do -- as they come through the door. It may be spread out through the week, or you may get three new projects in one day and then nothing for a couple of days. Again, we expect you will work 30 to 40 hours a week, but you should be prepared for a 20-hour week once in a while.
You may support the same three to five Recruitment Partners (RPs) on multiple projects, or you may work with any and all of our RPs. You should be prepared to work on positions in any area of healthcare. Your projects will be full circle endeavors, involving more than just searching online. Here's how a typical project will unfold:
- You will collaborate with the RP, taking the information they provide and providing strategic input, such as conducting exploratory searches to assess the degree of a project's difficulty. Typically you'll make your contributions in the early stages of the search, planning and carrying out your sourcing strategy.
- You will collect all candidate info in a virtual "bucket" in Recruiting Machine, our innovative proprietary recruitment process management system, for the Recruiter to make the initial contact with those candidates via email and phone.
- For each project you'll document your plan and provide brief information on what worked and what didn't.
More Good ReasonsHigh impact -- Decision Toolbox is constantly evolving and improving, and we're adding this role to enhance our already-strong performance.
Vibrant, innovative business model -- Decision Toolbox has been challenging the status quo in recruitment since 1992. Today we boast robust technology, a mature creative team, and a compelling track record. Just as importantly, our focus is not on getting a lot of easy money out of our clients, but on building long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships. We've been delivering RPO since before it was an acronym, and we're recognized as a thought leader by organizations such as SHRM, PIHRA, and the NHRA.
Proof in the pudding -- we're thriving, with a nationwide list of clients in just about every industry vertical, including smaller startups as well as major names like Makita USA, Canon USA, and BASF. We've administered over 15,000 client satisfaction surveys over the years, and our median score is 94%. We're confident enough in the quality of our processes that we offer a 12-month candidate warranty, unrivaled in the industry. In 2010 we doubled in size without a sales force because more than 95% of our revenue is repeat business.
Virtual is its own reward -- everyone at DT is virtual and everyone loves it. When our CEO meets with a client, she calls it a "mascara day." Otherwise it's come as you are. In addition to being unrestrained by geography and time, in the virtual model we are able to:
- Be productive and flexible.
- Work with diverse cultures, geographies, backgrounds, etc.
- Learn new technologies AND we provide input on improving those technologies.
Feeling the love -- our clients don't just appreciate us, they love us. Our leadership team doesn't just provide resources, they wrap the love around the DT team (tools, technology, collaboration, etc.). The team doesn't just love working with DT, they wouldn't work anywhere else. In this distinctive culture we get to:
- Collaborate with inter-organizational teams.
- Participate in the direction of the company and in decisions.
- Mentor and be mentored.
- Continuously develop our professional skills.
- Learn best practices from best in class people.
- Work for an incredibly ethical, compassionate, caring company.
- Share knowledge using a variety of technologies.
Excellent benefits -- full-time employees enjoy comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage; a wellness program; flexible spending accounts; a 401(k) plan; paid time off; and more.
Keys to SuccessOurs is a "virtual" environment -- everyone works from a home office (and occasionally Starbucks) -- and succeeding in that environment requires some special traits. For one thing, you need to have a high degree of self-discipline and a healthy respect for deadlines. You also will need to be proactive about building relationships and establishing your credibility with people via phone and email, ensuring you convey a professional but friendly persona. In addition, in order to be an outstanding Sourcing Partner, you will:
- Work quickly and efficiently, finding the information you need, pulling it, and partnering with your RP to make sure it is on target.
- Remain willing and able to commit three to four hours at a time of focused searching in an environment free of distractions.
- Recognize your internal contacts as customers and provide great service by being responsive, prompt, and thorough.
- Be flexible in interacting with diverse personalities and work styles.
- Achieve your goals independently; you'll have support, but if you're looking for lots of training and supervision, this probably isn't the position for you.
About Decision ToolboxAt Decision Toolbox, almost everything about our approach to recruitment is unique, from our tools to our low cost pricing model to our relationships with our clients. Some companies enlist our help for the occasional overflow or difficult-to-fill opening. Others use us as their extended recruiting department on an ongoing basis. In any case, we are not about simply filling positions; rather, we become our client's recruitment partner, and work proactively to drive down costs, identify and solve business problems, and increase retention. Each project concludes with a Hiring Manager satisfaction survey, in which our performance is rated on 11 fronts. This gives us a basis on which to continually improve our service. Since 2000, our cumulative satisfaction score is 94.2%, and repeat business represents over 95% of our revenue.
Our process is known as "Recruitment Engineering", and we are not only the industry pioneers in this space, but we are also recognized as the industry experts.
We've been fine-tuning Recruitment Engineering since our founding in 1992; however, the common thread that remains is our commitment to "doing the right thing" for our clients. We have established and maintained a reputation for fair and honest business practices within our industry. Because of our unique model, our recruiters (particularly those from contingency and/or agency backgrounds) are often surprised by the level of partnership they share with their hiring managers, and the empowerment they have to act as an expert recruitment "consultant" on every project.
Even in a virtual model, DT has nurtured a remarkable corporate culture that is entrepreneurial, high-energy, success oriented and fun. Our people all have a high degree of professionalism, led by a progressive management team. Our CEO, Kim Shepherd, is a well-respected speaker and presenter, and recently published her insights on leadership success in The Bite Me School of Management: Taking a Bite out of Conventional Thinking. The title alone gives you an inkling of our culture!