- A bachelor's degree.
- At least five years of recruiting experience.
- A bachelor's degree.
- A track record of success in recruiting for a broad array of roles.
- A demonstrated ability to build relationships with clients and strong attention to customer service.
- Experience with volume recruiting.
- Strong sourcing skills and experience using diverse channels and platforms.
- A high degree of comfort cold calling and courting passive candidates.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all organizational levels in the business community.
- Solid technical savvy and the ability to learn new systems and tools quickly.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in Google Drive.
- General knowledge of employment law, including an understanding of and ability to work within EEOC anti-discrimination guidelines.
- Fast keyboarding skills (at times you'll need to document conversations online as they occur).
- Internet sourcing and research training is preferred but not required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing, tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- A consultative approach, including the ability to win over difficult clients and come up with solutions for projects that are stuck or not viable.
- Solid collaboration skills and the ability to partner effectively and communicate frequently with a Sourcer.
- The instinct and emotional intelligence to ask the difficult questions.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- A passion for quality.
- An unquestionable work ethic and the ability to work at a fast pace while maintaining high quality.
The Caveats -- every opportunity has them! We want you to be aware of the following:
- We can't guarantee a particular volume of assignments, although we will do our best to provide you with the volume you want. But you may, for example, see high volume for two months and then see low volume during the third month.
- Assignments may come on short notice.
- You may have more than one assignment at any given time, depending on the scope of those assignments and the volume you request.
- Some assignments may involve 100% sourcing, so you should truly enjoy sourcing.
- We are creating a top-quality hourly team that parallels our existing top-quality project-based team. While it is possible that you could transition from one to the other, our goal is to bring on board people who appreciate the advantages of the hourly model and are committed to making it work.
The RoleEach assignment will be different, so we'll look to you to be flexible. For each assignment you will become an extension of the client's talent acquisition team and you may engage in any combination of recruiting activities, from gathering requirements from the hiring manager to supporting post-hire onboarding processes.
If you're the person we're looking for, you'll look forward to the variety:
- You may do full cycle recruiting or focus on just one aspect, such as sourcing or response management.
- You may work in Recruiting Machine, DT's proprietary ATS, or in the client's ATS, or both.
- One assignment may last two weeks while another lasts six months.
- You may work very closely with the client, or you may have a more independent, autonomous role.
Specific responsibilities could include any of the following:
- Participating in discovery/brainstorming sessions with the hiring manager.
- Sourcing candidates using database searches, social networking, email campaigns, cold calling and other methods.
- Placing ads using the client's system.
- Screening candidates, sometimes using tools you create for that purpose.
- Presenting the best candidates to the hiring manager or human resources contact.
- Conducting background checks.
- Scheduling interviews and possibly arranging travel.
- Helping negotiate and mediate offers.
- Providing orientation and/or training.
- And more.
More Good ReasonsRewards now and later
On many assignments you will be a welcome supplement to a client's team, helping relieve pressure. Over the longer term, you will be part of a growing business line and have opportunities to help shape the new model. Big corporations offer career pathing, but at DT we offer "lifestyle pathing." Because we run flat, there aren't a lot of rungs on a career ladder here -- our Recruitment Partners tend to stay in their roles because our model fits so well in their lifestyle. At the same time, there may be opportunities to take on additional responsibilities, such as Project Manager or Team Lead.
Vibrant, innovative business model
Decision Toolbox has been challenging the status quo in recruitment since 1992. Today we boast robust technology, a mature creative team, and a compelling track record. Just as importantly, our focus is not on getting a lot of easy money out of our clients, but on building long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships. We've been delivering RPO since before it was an acronym, and we're recognized as a "thought leader" by organizations such as SHRM, PIHRA, and the NHRA.
Proof in the pudding
We're thriving, with a nationwide list of clients in just about every industry vertical, including smaller startups as well as major names like Makita USA, Republic Services, 99 Cents Only Stores and Spectrum Brands. We've administered over 15,000 client satisfaction surveys over the years, and our median score is 94%. We're confident enough in the quality of our processes that we offer a 12-month candidate warranty, unrivaled in the industry. In 2010 we doubled in size without a sales force because more than 95% of our revenue is repeat business.
Virtual is its own reward
Everyone at DT is virtual and everyone loves it. When our Chairwoman meets with a client, she calls it a "mascara day." If your assignment calls for you to spend face time with the client, you'll need to dress the part; otherwise it's come as you are. In addition to being unrestrained by geography and time, in the virtual model we are able to:
- Be productive and flexible.
- Work with diverse cultures, geographies, backgrounds, etc.
- Learn new technologies AND we provide input on improving those technologies.
From the minute you onboard and on a continual basis, DT has awesome trainers here to help us all hone our skills and stay sharp. We offer full training through modules that include culture, process, products and our proprietary ATS / CRM. We've also implemented an internal online university, DTU and DTSU ('S' for sourcing), to provide on-demand access to resources, including the latest sourcing techniques and trends, best practices, process videos, working referrals, courting candidates and more. Training will include full certification from Decision Toolbox University, covering:
- DT's unique and value-adding discovery call.
- Developing an effective recruitment plan.
- OFCCP compliance for federal contractors.
- Leveraging a consultative approach to recruiting.
- Metrics for success.
- Strategic sourcing, including Boolean strings, optimizing database searches and more.
- Qualifying candidates using a deep dive approach, including understanding motivations and asking smart questions.
- And more.
Our clients don't just appreciate us, they love us. Our leadership team doesn't just provide resources, they wrap the love around the DT team (tools, technology, collaboration, etc.). The team doesn't just love working with DT, they wouldn't work anywhere else. In this distinctive culture we get to:
- Collaborate with inter-organizational teams.
- Participate in the direction of the company and in decisions.
- Mentor and be mentored.
- Continuously develop our professional skills.
- Learn best practices from best in class people.
- Work for an incredibly ethical, compassionate, caring company.
- Share knowledge using a variety of technologies.
Depending on the scope of an assignment, you may not have to generate job descriptions or ads because our creative department creates the patented Jobinfo Writeups (you're reading one now). To organize your résumés, projects, and even your day, you'll have access to the user-friendly Recruiting Machine, our in-house developed web-based recruiting system. Plus, you will have access to the major job board databases, Jigsaw and other networks to make sourcing candidates easier.
We are a recruiting company that serves clients across industries. We have specialized teams in order to make sure we have the best recruiter on every position. That means we'll welcome your expertise in specific areas, but you also may take on searches for positions across the board.
Our comprehensive benefits offering includes medical, dental and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage; a wellness program; flexible spending accounts; a 401(k) plan; paid time off; and more.
Q & AQuestions and answers with some of DT's Recruitment Partners.
These comments focus on our exiting project-based model, but much of it applies to the new hourly model.
What do you like most about the "DT method" of recruitment?
- One DT Recruitment Partner said, "I enjoy being a partner and consultant to my clients. It is nice to be in the role of 'recruitment expert' instead of 'pesky vendor.' I also like being able to focus on the needs of my clients. In the contingency world, I had to devote a large percentage of my time to sales [sourcing new searches] and talking to candidates in order to populate our database. At DT, I don't have these responsibilities and it leaves me with more time to work with my clients and the applicants who match their needs."
- Another DT Recruitment Partner said, "The DT process makes recruitment so much easier and more manageable. The systems are easy to use, and are internally developed to help us work faster and smarter. Recruiting Machine is a great tool, and it helps me to prioritize my work for the day, and takes a lot of the 'grunt' out of sorting and screening resumes. All in all, we have some great tools here, and it helps me focus on what I do best: fill positions!"
- One said, "This position is a great opportunity for a seasoned recruiter who has an entrepreneurial makeup, but who still wants a solid support infrastructure. You can manage your own workload and schedule, and thus determine your own income, while still having access to some of the best people, processes, tools and technology in recruitment today."
- Another said, "It's a great opportunity for those of us who truly believe that work-life balance can exist. I am a new mother juggling the joys of parenthood with the responsibilities of a full time job, and things couldn't be better. Unlike so many of my peers, having a family did not mean compromising my career. At DT, I get to spend real quality time with my daughter, while still having a rewarding career where I can see my impact and control my earnings. It is a powerful model that I thank my lucky stars for everyday."
Success FactorsOn each and every assignment you will represent Decision Toolbox, and we'll depend on you to exemplify the highest standards of quality and professionalism. You'll need to have a strong sense of ownership and accountability. Along with independence and flexibility comes responsibility. If you struggle to manage your time effectively, like lots of training, and prefer to focus on one task at a time, this probably isn't the role for you. Frankly, we are picky about bringing on people who are tenacious, resourceful, highly motivated independent thinkers who regularly go "above and beyond" the call of duty.
You'll answer to multiple stakeholders, and that will require a certain finesse and political savvy. Clients may utilize our hourly model in challenging situations, such as when they are not getting the results they want from their in-house team, or they have a large project under way such as a system implementation. You'll need to remain flexible, solution-oriented and upbeat, and take a proactive approach to integrating into their organization seamlessly.
Some clients may see you as simply "an extra pair of hands," but you should always consider yourself to be a value-adding consultant. Even on a pure sourcing project you can identify market trends and share that insight with clients. On full cycle recruiting projects you should position yourself as a partner who guides the hiring manager (HM) rather than being guided by the HM.
Most importantly, we'll look to you to keep the client informed at all times. Perhaps our only unforgivable offense is to leave a client wondering what is going on with your project. If an issue arises, you should recognize it and take action (including asking for help!) quickly, as opposed to letting a project flounder. Bottom line, we are our clients' recruitment partners, and the more the client feels you are taking care of his/her needs, the more repeat business you will see . . .
About DTAt Decision Toolbox, almost everything about our approach to recruitment is unique, from our tools to our low cost pricing model to our relationships with our clients. Some companies enlist our help for the occasional overflow or difficult-to-fill opening. Others use us as their extended recruiting department on an ongoing basis. In any case, we are not about simply filling positions; rather, we become our client's recruitment partner, and work proactively to drive down costs, identify and solve business problems, and increase retention. Each project concludes with a Hiring Manager satisfaction survey, in which our performance is rated on 11 fronts. This gives us a basis on which to continually improve our service. Since 2000, our cumulative satisfaction score is 94.2%, and repeat business represents over 95% of our revenue.
Our process is known as "Recruitment Engineering", and we are not only the industry pioneers in this space, but we are also recognized as the industry experts.
We've been fine-tuning Recruitment Engineering since our founding in 1992; however, the common thread that remains is our commitment to "doing the right thing" for our clients. We have established and maintained a reputation for fair and honest business practices within our industry. Because of our unique model, our recruiters (particularly those from contingency and/or agency backgrounds) are often surprised by the level of partnership they share with their hiring managers, and the empowerment they have to act as an expert recruitment "consultant" on every project.
Even in a virtual model, DT has nurtured a remarkable corporate culture that is entrepreneurial, high-energy, success oriented and fun. Our people all have a high degree of professionalism, led by a progressive management team. Kim Shepherd is a well-respected speaker and presenter, and recently published her insights on leadership success in The Bite Me School of Management: Taking a Bite out of Conventional Thinking. The title alone gives you an inkling of our culture!