Your BackgroundTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have a bachelor's degree. In addition, to be a good fit for the High-Volume Recruiter opportunity, you will have:
- Two to four years of recruiting experience, ideally including high-volume recruiting.
- A track record of success in recruiting for a broad array of roles.
- A demonstrated ability to build relationships with clients and strong attention to customer service.
- Exceptional organizational skills and a proactive approach to finding efficiencies, prioritizing, tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Strong networking skills and experience using diverse channels and platforms.
- Solid technical savvy,
- The ability to work in multiple systems and learn new systems and tools quickly.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in Google Drive.
- General knowledge of employment law, including an understanding of and ability to work within EEOC anti-discrimination guidelines.
- Fast keyboarding skills (at times you'll need to document conversations online as they occur).
- Internet sourcing and research training is preferred but not required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor.
- A consultative approach, including the ability to win over difficult clients and come up with solutions for projects that are stuck or not viable.
- Solid collaboration skills and the ability to partner effectively with a Sourcer.
- The instinct and emotional intelligence to ask the difficult questions.
- A passion for quality.
- An unquestionable work ethic and the ability to work at a fast pace while maintaining high quality.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
The Caveats -- every opportunity has them! We want you to be aware of the following:
- Assignments may come on short notice.
- You may support a single client or multiple clients.
- You may recruit for multiple positions for a site, or multiple openings of the same position.
- Qualified candidates will be required to pass a background check.
The RoleYou will become an extension of your client's talent management department, and you'll need to be flexible as you work with different companies/departments, cultures and systems. You may engage in any combination of recruiting activities, from gathering requirements from the hiring manager to networking to managing candidates in a pipeline.
As with most client relationships, there will be structure and standard procedures to follow. At the same time, there also will be variety:
- You may do full cycle recruiting or focus on just one aspect, such as sourcing or response management.
- You may work in Recruiting Machine (DT's proprietary ATS) or in the client's ATS, or both.
- You may work very closely with the client, or you may work through an account manager.
Specific responsibilities could include any of the following:
- Participating in discovery/brainstorming sessions with the hiring manager and DT writer
- Continuously sourcing candidates using database searches, social networking, email campaigns, cold calling and other creative methods
- Engaging passive candidates found through sourcing and provided by the sourcing team
- Evaluating and screening candidates
- Presenting the best candidates to the hiring manager or human resources contact
- Scheduling interviews and possibly arranging travel
- Initiating background checks and references
- Helping negotiate and deliver offers based on client specific criteria (when applicable)
- Providing orientation and/or training to hiring managers on our ATS
- Using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing, tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
- Taking a consultative approach, including winning over difficult clients and coming up with solutions for projects that are stuck or not viable
- Collaborating effectively across cross-functional teams
- Proactively communicating internally and externally
- Attending training and team meetings as needed
- Building relationships over the phone with candidates and clients
- Keeping notes and updates in tracking tools and systems current
- Identifying and implementing new methods and approaches for sourcing candidates
- Meeting weekly/monthly/quarterly production goals and revenue targets as set by management team
- Utilizing applicant tracking systems and other tools
- Identifying target companies, user groups and professional associations that could inform search parameters
- Developing relationships with onsite and offsite stakeholders and becoming part of the client's organization as much as a part of Decision Toolbox
- Representing Decision Toolbox and the client in a professional manner
More Good ReasonsSetting you up to be exceptional
DT has awesome trainers and we provide initial and ongoing training through modules that include culture, process, products and our proprietary ATS / CRM. We've also implemented an internal online university, DTU and DTSU ('S' for sourcing), to provide on-demand access to resources, including the latest techniques and trends, best practices, process videos, working referrals, courting candidates, compliance and more.
Virtual is its own reward
Overall the model at DT is virtual and everyone loves it. You may work at a client's site on some assignments, but otherwise you'll be in your home office. If your assignment calls for you to spend face time with the client, you'll need to dress the part; otherwise you can work in your most comfortable old jeans or sweat pants.
Big corporations offer career pathing, but at DT we offer "lifestyle pathing." Our Recruitment Partners tend to stay in their roles because our model fits so well in their lifestyle. At the same time, there may be opportunities to take on additional responsibilities, such as Team Lead or Account Manager.
Trifecta of organizational culture
Throughout Decision Toolbox and our parent company, Engage2Excel, we drive employee engagement and company success through three simple but powerful steps:
- Living what we do.
- Our work/life balance is founded in ownership, trust and respect.
- We enjoy a fun, family-like atmosphere, even though we're miles apart.
- Rewarding those that earn it.
- Ours is a team environment with each playing an important role in delivering top level service.
- We challenge ourselves and encourage each other to grow professionally.
- Seeking new ways to solve problems.
- We are proud to do things differently because one size doesn't fit all.
- We are passionate about process, feeling empowered to create it, fix it and make it happen.
Decision Toolbox has been delivering RPO since before it was an acronym, and we're recognized as a thought leader by organizations such as SHRM, PIHRA, and the NHRA. Backed by robust technology, we support a nationwide list of clients in just about every industry vertical, including smaller startups as well as major names like Makita USA, eviCore Healthcare, Republic Services, 99 Cents Only Stores and Canon USA. We're confident enough in the effectiveness of our approach that we offer a 12-month candidate warranty, unrivaled in the industry.
We are a recruiting company that serves clients across industries. We have specialized teams in order to make sure we have the best recruiter on every position. That means we'll welcome your expertise in specific areas, but you also may take on searches for positions across the board.
Our comprehensive benefits offering includes medical, dental and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage; a wellness program; flexible spending accounts; a 401(k) plan; paid time off; and more.
Success FactorsWe are picky about bringing on people who are tenacious, resourceful, highly motivated independent thinkers who demonstrate initiative and regularly go "above and beyond" the call of duty.
You'll work high-volume projects that typically will have aggressive timelines. Lots of job postings talk about organizational skills, but in this role they will be essential. You should enjoy finding ways to be more effective and efficient, from creating new processes to taking advantage of technology. We have strong IT team at DT, and if you see a way our system can be faster, they'll want to hear it.
If you have the background in high-volume recruiting, you already know the importance of networking, particularly with candidates. It should be a standard part of your repertoire to say something along the lines of: "I know the client is going to love you. Now, do you know anyone else who might be a fit? What friends or colleagues would you love to work with in this new job?"
Your projects often will involve hourly positions, targeting a pool of candidates who have many options in a fast-moving market. You should be proactive about keeping candidates engaged and interested, consistently promoting a positive candidate experience.
On every assignment you will represent Decision Toolbox, and we'll depend on you to exemplify the highest standards of quality and professionalism. You'll answer to multiple stakeholders, and that will require a certain finesse and political savvy. Most importantly, we'll look to you to keep the client informed at all times. Perhaps the only unforgivable offense at Decision Toolbox is to leave a client wondering what is going on with a project. If an issue arises, you should recognize it and act (including asking for help) quickly, as opposed to letting a project flounder.
About DTSmarter recruitment solutions for smarter hires.
On the outside, Decision Toolbox is a recruitment products and services company known for the passion and creativity we bring to the table. But on the inside, we are a veritable R&D lab obsessed with innovating and optimizing recruitment productivity, quality and service. You will not find a group of people more zealous about this than our team.
Founded in 1992, the company is a 100% virtual organization with employees across the U.S. We are widely known for our unconventional, award-winning culture and our ability to attract and retain the best recruiting talent in the market. And because we have no walls or windows, we are able to pass those cost savings along to our clients.
Decision Toolbox has taken a leadership role in almost every aspect of recruitment, including introducing an RPO offering years before it became industry practice. On the technology side, our (in-house developed) recruiting productivity platform astonishes candidates, clients and our own users with the way it wraps around every step of every process to build in both quality and efficiency.
Pictured: Not a lot of companies fly all their employees to an annual meeting so they can cut-and-paste, but Decision Toolbox isn't like a lot of companies. In this activity we created collages to help ourselves focus on individual and group strengths and goals.
About E2EThe industry's only ROI-based employee recognition program.
Engage2Excel helps companies measure, manage and improve performance with the industry's only ROI-based Employee Recognition solution. We create ROI-based Employee Recognition programs by combining Engagement Survey data with Performance Analytics. This enables clients to target, budget and prioritize recognition programs to drive bottom-line results. We also provide High-Performance Talent Acquisition Solutions that enable clients to infuse highly engaged employees into their corporate culture.
The Engage2Excel Process includes:
- DESIGN: We incorporate our clients' unique values and top priorities into a program that recognizes the behaviors that drive business outcomes.
- MEASURE: Employee engagement and performance data are used to pinpoint problems and opportunities in any department or workgroup.
- MANAGE: ROI-based employee recognition programs are easy for leaders to manage and tailored for their success.
- IMPROVE: Prescriptive analytics provide leaders with the insight they need to improve bottom-line results.