Your BackgroundBasic Qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree.
- 3+ years of experience recruiting for accounting and/or finance positions.
- Solid network in Houston of Accounting/Finance professionals.
- A track record of success in recruiting for a broad array of accounting/finance roles in the oil and gas industry.
- A demonstrated ability to build relationships with clients and strong attention to customer service.
- Strong sourcing skills and experience using diverse channels and platforms.
- A high degree of comfort cold calling and courting passive candidates.
- The ability / desire to work part time, potentially for a short term assignment but could grow into something more.
- Solid technical savvy and the ability to work in multiple systems and learn new systems and tools quickly.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fast keyboarding skills (at times you'll need to document conversations online as they occur).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor.
- A consultative approach, including the ability to win over difficult clients and come up with solutions for projects that are stuck or not viable.
- The instinct and emotional intelligence to ask the difficult questions.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- A passion for quality.
- An unquestionable work ethic and the ability to work at a fast pace while maintaining high quality.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
The Caveats -- every opportunity has them! We want you to be aware of the following:
- This is a temporary, part time role, and we can't guarantee a particular volume of assignments, although we will do our best to provide you with the volume you want.
- Assignments may come on short notice.
- You may have more than one assignment at any given time, depending on the scope of those assignments.
- Some assignments may involve 100% sourcing, so you should truly enjoy sourcing.
The RoleYou will become an extension of the client's talent acquisition team and you may engage in any combination of recruiting activities, from gathering requirements from the hiring manager to supporting being actively involved in the offer process.
If you're the person we're looking for, you'll look forward to the variety:
- You may do full cycle recruiting or focus on heavy sourcing.
- You will work in Recruiting Machine, DT's proprietary ATS.
- You may work very closely with the client, or you may have a more independent, autonomous role.
Specific responsibilities could include any of the following:
- Participating in discovery/brainstorming sessions with the hiring manager.
- Sourcing candidates using database searches, social networking, email campaigns, cold calling and other methods.
- Screening candidates, sometimes using tools you create for that purpose.
- Presenting the best candidates to the hiring manager or human resources contact.
- Scheduling interviews.
- Helping negotiate and mediate offers.
- And more.
Success FactorsWe are picky about bringing on people who are tenacious, resourceful, highly motivated independent thinkers who demonstrate initiative and regularly go "above and beyond" the call of duty.
On every assignment you will represent Decision Toolbox, and we'll depend on you to exemplify the highest standards of quality and professionalism. You'll answer to multiple stakeholders, and that will require a certain finesse and political savvy. You'll need to remain flexible, solution-oriented and upbeat, and take a proactive approach to integrating into their organization seamlessly. In the end, both the client and the candidates should feel they had a positive experience.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Regional Accounting Recruiter, you will:
- Bring a proactive approach to continuous learning, and remain open to accepting and using feedback.
- Position yourself as a value-adding strategic consultant, even on a project like a pure sourcing play.
- Learn new systems and tools quickly, and remain diligent about complying with DT and client processes and SOPs.
- Bring the instinct and emotional intelligence to ask the difficult questions.
About DTSmarter recruitment solutions for smarter hires.
On the outside, Decision Toolbox is a recruitment products and services company known for the passion and creativity we bring to the table. But on the inside, we are a veritable R&D lab obsessed with innovating and optimizing recruitment productivity, quality and service. You will not find a group of people more zealous about this than our team.
Founded in 1992, the company is a 100% virtual organization with employees across the U.S. We are widely known for our unconventional, award-winning culture and our ability to attract and retain the best recruiting talent in the market. And because we have no walls or windows, we are able to pass those cost savings along to our clients.
Decision Toolbox has taken a leadership role in almost every aspect of recruitment, including introducing an RPO offering years before it became industry practice. On the technology side, our (in-house developed) recruiting productivity platform astonishes candidates, clients and our own users with the way it wraps around every step of every process to build in both quality and efficiency. We are recognized as a thought leader by organizations such as SHRM, PIHRA, and the NHRA. We're also certified by the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) as a Women Owned Business.
Pictured: Not a lot of companies fly all their employees to an annual meeting so they can cut-and-paste, but Decision Toolbox isn't like a lot of companies. In this activity we created collages to help ourselves focus on individual and group strengths and goals.